TRUE ITALIAN TASTE is funded and promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and is part of the “The Extraordinary Italian Taste” campaign and coordinated by Assocamerestero in collaboration with the Italian Chambers of Commerce aboard. True Italian Taste aims to increase awareness and conscious consumption of 100% made in Italy food in markets where Italian products are most often compared to those that use Italic symbols or names even if they are not of Italian origin.The activities are aimed at a target of importers, distributors, managers of hotel chains and specialty stores, chefs, food bloggers, industry journalists, nutritionists, testimonials and opinion leaders linked in various ways, then, to the agri-food chain, and provide Educational Tour, incoming business, workshops and seminars in Italy and a whole series of training actions, master classes, and events to promote the 100% Italian product abroad.
True Italian Taste aims to:
– Tell consumers all over the world about the benefits of true Italian products and the importance of the link between foods and the places they come from;
– Help food lovers to choose and use authentic Italian ingredients, supporting both businesses and consumers;
– Support Italian makers of certified, traditional and niche products who would like to be better known on international markets, and reinforce and expand business opportunities for companies already present on world markets;
– Show how to take advantage of the healthy qualities of true Italian food, promoting organic products, dietary supplements, and all Italian-made products certified for specific ethnic categories (halal and kosher foods).
2016: Beginning of the project in USA, Canada and Mexico
2017: The project is extended to Belgium, France, Germany, Luxemburg, Holland, United Kingdom, Spain, Switzerland
2018: Launching of the project also in China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam
2020: Polonia, Russia, India, Brazil and Australia.
Calendar of Activities (2021):
– November 26, 2021: True Italian Taste: “Italia Mia: Sardegna” by Chef Alessandro Frau (Acqua, Phuket) – YouTube;
– October 18, 2021: True Italian Taste: “Italia Mia: Campania” by Chef Davide Maisto (Casina Rossa, Phuket) – YouTube;
– September 20, 2021: True Italian Taste: “Piedmont Mixology” [Ep. 2 – Davide Sambo] – YouTube;
– September 20, 2021: True Italian Taste: “Piedmont Mixology” [Ep. 1 – Fabio Brugnolaro] – YouTube;
– June 29, 2021: Masterclass “Emilia Romagna, il territorio e i suoi prodotti” with Chef Stefano Merlo at Via Emilia (YouTube);
– June 28, 2021: “Veneto: All You Need to Know about Tiramisù” with Accademia delle Professioni (YouTube);
– June 21, 2021: AIT – Italia Mia “Toscana” with Chef Francesco Lenzi (Lenzi) – YouTube;
– June 14, 2021: AIT – Italia Mia “Friuli Venezia Giulia” with Chef Gianni Favro (Gianni) – YouTube;
– June 7, 2021: AIT – Italia Mia “Campania” with Chef Anna Borrasi (IO- Italian Osteria) – YouTube;
– June 2, 2021: Launching of True Italian Taste 2021 Edition (link).
Calendar of Activities (2020-2021):
– November 23-29, 2020 – 5th Edition of the Italian Cuisine Week in the World;
– November 27, 2020 – Masterclass: “Toscana, il territorio e i suoi prodotti” – Phuket;
– September 24, 2020 – True Italian Taste Project/ Authentic Italian Table event: “All You Need is Cooking… PIZZA!” – Bangkok;
– July 15, 2020 – Webinar Discovering the Certifications “The Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil” – Zoom.us;
– July 8, 2020 – Webinar Discovering the Certifications “The Italian Wines” – Zoom.us.
OFFICIAL SOCIAL MEDIA
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, use or browse the following hashtags to discover more:
#trueitaliantaste #iffoodcouldtalk #extraordinaryitalaste #AuthenticItalianTable #Ciboitaliano #FattoinItalia #ItalianChef
#ItalianRestaurants #cucinando #ItalianLifeStyle #Italianproducts #Italianfoodlovers